domingo, 24 de octubre de 2010

English Spanish or Spanglish

Were I am living right now the main language is Spanish. After living in the United States for eight years I learned how to talk and write English fluently. The school that I study at is an international school. In this case the language that is used by all teachers is English. All of our classes are tough in English except for foreign language class. When you are young you are forced to take Spanish as a foreign language, but when you get to high school you are allowed to choose between Spanish and French. I chose French because I already know both English and Spanish. Most of the people in this school are bilingual.When we have lunch or break we are allowed to use whatever language we want. I speak Spanish with my friends because it is our native language. In most of our classes we are not allowed to speak Spanish. In my English class our teacher does not let us say a word in Spanish, if we do she marks us down. Since both English and Spanish are used through the day we have combined them and created Spanglish.Most of us now are stuck speaking Spanglish and we get marked down because of this silly habit. I believe that we should be allowed to speak what ever language we want to ourselves and not get marked down for it. 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario